County offices, libraries, LakeXpress to close for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Release Date: January 18, 2013
TAVARES — All offices of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners, Clerk of Courts, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed Monday, Jan. 21, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Offices will reopen Tuesday, Jan. 22.
All Lake County Solid Waste residential collection services will take place Monday, but residential convenience centers will be closed Monday as normally scheduled. The Lake County Solid Waste Division’s administrative offices will be closed Monday, though the Lake County Central Solid Waste Facility at 13130 County Landfill Road, Tavares, will remain open.
LakeXpress, Lake County’s public transportation service, will not operate on Monday. For more information or to view a bus schedule, call 352-326-8637 or visit www.RideLakeXpress.com.
The following Lake County Library System libraries will be closed Monday and will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday.
• Astor County Library, 54905 Alco Road, Astor
• Cagan Crossings Community Library, 16729 Cagan Oaks, Clermont
• Cooper Memorial Library, 2525 Oakley Seaver Drive, Clermont
• East Lake County Library, 31340 County Road 437, Sorrento
• Helen Lehmann Memorial Library, 17435 Fifth St., Montverde
• Lady Lake Public Library, 225 W. Guava St., Lady Lake
• Leesburg Public Library, 100 E. Main St., Leesburg
• Marianne Beck Memorial Library, 112 W. Central Ave., Howey-in-the-Hills
• Marion Baysinger Memorial Library, 756 W. Broad St., Groveland
• Minneola Schoolhouse Library, 100 S. Main St., Minneola
• Paisley County Library, 24954 County Road 42, Paisley
• City of Tavares Public Library, 314 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
• Umatilla Public Library, 412 Hatfield Drive, Umatilla
• W. T. Bland Public Library, 1995 N. Donnelly St., Mount Dora
Fruitland Park Library, at 205 W. Berckman St., will stay open Monday, but will close at 5 p.m.
Lake County media contact:
Public Information Officer
Office: 352-343-9603; Cell: 352-455-0445